You’re probably reading this article because my headline caught your attention. And my headline probably caught your attention because as an agile business leader, you’ve probably been wondering if your social media (like any part of your business) could be better.
As business leaders and entrepreneurs, we are constantly searching for ways to improve and grow our business and outshine our competition.
Whether it comes to our accounting, our teams, our products, our cash flow, our sales, our marketing (and the list goes on) there are thousands of tools out there that have been developed to help our businesses excel and perform better.
We as business leaders, seek out these tools, and we implement them knowing they have big potential for our businesses and we have high hopes that they will be everything they promise to be and that they will become a competitive advantage for our businesses. There is one problem – implementing and using these tools is usually easy – using them properly and maximizing their full potential is a whole other story.
One of the most successful, impactful, affordable and efficient tools for businesses in 2021 is strategic social media marketing.
Simply put – connecting with potential customers with social media marketing is a better way to do business. Primarily because with social media marketing, gaining new customers is no longer confined to the cold calls of our sales teams or old school word of mouth or expensive hit or miss traditional marketing. Social media marketing gives businesses the unprecedented super power of connecting with the right customers at the right time on an exponential level who were previously unreachable.
As a social media marketing company, we have one of the most inspiring and rewarding jobs in the world. This is because we have seen social media strategy become a veritable game changer for businesses of all sizes. We’ve seen organizations who use social media marketing as a business development tool become brand leaders in their industry virtually overnight.
But just like all of the other tools that have been developed to help our businesses excel and perform better – its true potential can only be reached with constant use, effort and expertise.
Here are 5 signs your Social Media has a lot more potential than you might think:
- You don’t have a primary, measurable goal. Is it more sales you want? Is it more exposure of a certain product or service? Is it to be more attractive than your competition? The list of things that social media marketing can achieve for your business is vast. The simplest strategy for exceptional social media marketing is making sure your efforts are based on a main goal.
- It’s not an every day part of your business. We’ve all heard the famous Einstein quote “Genius is 99% effort and 1% talent”. This is as relevant today as it was a hundred years ago. The companies who are the most successful on social media are the ones who treat it as an integral part of their business model and who put the daily effort into it. It’s a lot like exercise, the more you put in, the more you get out.
- The person (or people) in charge of executing your social media marketing wear many hats. Similar to how you designate sales to talented sales people and accounting to an astute book keeper, the most successful social media marketing happens when it’s executed by someone who possesses marketing intelligence and makes it their top priority. A designated and fully committed social media marketer is especially important because the tech world is the fastest changing industry in the world, making it imperative for any successful social media marketer to stay on top of the latest tools and have a strong commitment to continual learning and improvement.
- You only use it to push your products and services. Yes it’s an amazing (if not the best) way to earn new business, and selling products and services is what being in business is all about but the there’s so much more to it! Great brands use it to win hearts and earn long-term customer loyalty, customer referrals and repeat business. To do this you have to use your social media marketing to connect with your customers on a deeper level by making them feel like their support is the reason for your success and by showing your customers who you really are. Great social media marketing tells stories that inspire people to not only support you but also fall in love with your brand and your mission.
- You have no idea if your businesses social media efforts are working or what to focus on to improve them. The difference between good and great is actionable data. Social media marketing is the only form of marketing that provides businesses with specific real-time data on who our audiences are, how they are interacting with our content and advertising, what motivates them and what we can do to make it better. Strong strategy is not only based on market trends, it’s based on the analytics of your past marketing efforts.
All in all, I’m here to tell you if social media marketing is something you have been meaning to make a priority for your business, our team is here to help. Our services are affordable and ROI focused and our main objective is always to help you become a leader in your space and help you achieve your goals.
CEO Wow Factor Media